View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I misspoke. What I meant was now that I have these awful abcesses, coupled with the fact that I do have an incurable disease makes getting pain meds easier for the time being.

None of my docs "give" me huge amounts, in fact they are very cautious (as well they should be, b/c anyone could become easily addicted) that is the part that I was going to follow up with on my next blog.........

Once my toothaches are gone (and they will be, once my teeth are GONE) I will no longer cry and be miserable due to the horrible pain associated with them.

My eyes are going wonky again and hurt too. I don't know why they do, they just do.

Steroids also cause pain and muscle cramps (at least the nurses told me that's why I hobble around and hurt)..........

I have seen first hand the misery that any addiction can cause and am very cautious regarding any/all pain meds..............

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Why do you say "having an incurable disease....gets you all the pain meds you need?" Pain meds should not be readily prescribed simply for MG as there shouldn't be an extraordinary amount of pain associated with MG. Pain meds can really screw with the MG and most docs are super cautious about prescribing them.

Missy