Thread: need advise
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadian23 View Post
Hello, I was diagnosised with small syrinx throughout by entire thoracic spine (only MRI results back yet, had addition MRI yesterday) Any way was feeling basically good until 6 weeks ago started with mid back pain went to chiropractor pain continued to intensify. My Left leg started to feel pins and needles followed by L arm then R leg in the last week. My gait is off and I find my self losing balance cannot tolerate standing very long. Priorto this I was working in a physically difficult job for 12 hour shifts. Stopped going to work last week also at my new ortho dr insistence. I was referred to the ortho due to the pain I was having being attributed to the scoiliosis aparently progressing some. Any way wondering if anyone had symptoms happen this suddenly. I have back pain, pain in back of my head, bilateral leg pain 24hrs a day, Right arm pain at times, and sometimes I feel like by skin is burning. Pain intensifies with lying down or bending over. My ortho seems to be convinced I have chiari also although results of mri I have not seen yet. I dont know what to do. I cannot see having this pain indefinately. I dont know whether to hope I have the chiari so surgery is an option or not. Any advise appreciated.
Hey there,

Waiting is such a tough place to be! I also have syringomyelia so I understand the pain & fear of the unknown.

If I'm understandidng this correctly your pain & problems increased after the chiropractor visit. Is that correct?

Hopefully the MRI results will shed some light on what is happening and provide a direction to focus on. Until then maybe try & learn more about chiari & syringo. The Chiari Institute has some great videos you can watch.

Making a list of questions to take to the doc will help as well. We have a great list on our blog azsyringochiari.blogspot.com.

Please feel free to send me a private email & we can chat more if you would like.
Blessings,
Debbie
azsyringochiari@cox.net