View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default a simple experiment

The old trick of dissolving a day's worth of standard sinemet in a bottle of water and taking the properly sized sip each hour might yield a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Hi Ron and others,
The abstract I posted was specifically looking at the 'on-off phemomenon' as opposed to wearing off and wearing on, which is a different thing . What I really found interesting about this, and apologies for not mentioning it at the time I posted, was the levodopa delivery method used, rather than the conclusions that the investigators drew. I think what Ron and others are experiencing IS this phenomena, which they are finding to be related to the WAY that levodopa is delivered, though their conclusion seems to have fudged that and gone on to describe the way we experience wearing off and on. In fact they also say that when there is a continuous and even delivery of levodopa that bypasses the digestive system, then there are no motor oscillations but this is then lost in their conclusions........so is there a good reason why there are no alternative delivery systems for levodopa? In other diseases, again diabetes, and also MS and others drugs are delivered direct into the blood......... I may be showing my ignorance here, but I would love to know why the system that the researchers have used in this study, and which delivered up to 30 hours free from off/on experiences is not available to people experiencing these random and distressing offs. Maybe there are good clinical reasons why not, whichever way it would be good to understand this better.

Lindy
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote