View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Denise and a late Welcome! I spend most of my time over on the MS board and then run out of energy when I check in here. It's okay reading most of the time, but having to think and respond takes alot of energy -- as you all know!!

Sorry you have to deal with this lousy pain too. I was about your age when I was diagnosed with MS although think it was around since 1976. While on one of the injectable drugs for MS, I developed the fibro and have had constant pain since. My wonderful -- NOT -- list of ailments is: mitral valve prolapse, atrial fibrillation, gerd, arthritis, fibro and secondary progressive MS. My legs no longer work so am in a powerchair all the time. Still live alone with my little Bichon Frise, Tasha, but have some great friends who help out alot. I'm now 65, divorced, three grown "kids" and six grandkids. I love them dearly but can only take the noise, commotion, etc., for one day at a time. Had to sell my car this year since I can no longer get in with my legs being so stiff let alone use the pedals. Thought about getting a minivan that I could "roll" into and learn to use hand controls, but after much thought, felt it would take too much energy for the amount I'd use it.

As somebody said, this cold, damp weather is really doing a number on the fibro. Are you weather sensitive? Usually I can tell about 12 hours in advance of a storm coming this way. Lately I've been trying to fight the extreme fatigue. Seems like all I do is sleep, go to the bathroom, eat and go back to sleep again. Certainly didn't imagine these "golden years" turning out like this! Stuck in the house most of the time.

Hope you're having as good a day as possible and hope to get to know you better. Take care!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-09-2009), Doody (11-14-2008), GmaSue (01-23-2009), mistiis (11-19-2008), tamiloo (11-16-2008), warbelsnap (11-16-2008)