View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The elephant in the room

I feel compelled to start this thread, after a recent question raised on 149 wonder thread

Is this forum the right arena for those with feelings of SICICIDE?

Personally i think it is the ideal forum.....................WHY?

Because there is nothing else out there with the 'S' word in it...that draws in, desperate souls to these pages.

If this form saves one life from suicide its worth it.
I am fully aware this forum is for Survivors of suicide, and i now know the sad stories of so many individuals, blighted by the loss of a loved one, the pain and anguish, that the choice of Suicide caused.
But for those individuals with 'S' in mind ....your stories are what keep them alive, your inner pain described so elequantly, and with such sorrow may, just may... help an individual to THINK for a moment and realise that although they feel inner loneliness, despair and abandonment of their lives, that deep down their loved ones would miss them if they chose to end their life.

SUICIDE is such a dirty word and a huge ELEPHANT ........that most contemplating the act wouldn't dream of telling their nearest and dearest, of their feelings.

one....for fear of rejection.........
two........for fear of isolation
three......for fear of hostility
four....for fear of,, 'things cant be that bad', 'pull yourself together,' 'get a grip of yourself', 'how can you be so selfish', 'you have everything to live for', 'you think you have got problems' ect..ect..ect...
five..for fear of not being understood.............

So this forum is to me a partnership............

Those who have lost a loved one or friend to suicide, by their sheer presence here offer hope to those on the other spectrum of this Elephant in the room,
& those with suicidal thoughts offer,... the survivors of lost loved ones an insight into the desperation in their lives that could lead an individual to even contemplate the 'S' word.

THERE ARE ANSWERS IN THIS FORUM...........we just need to ask the questions?

a thought to reflect upon is this

The despair felt by an individual who looses a loved one to suicide is immense and lasts a lifetime.
The despair an individual who attempts or fails a suicide bid, and the subsequent family and friend rejection that they more than often receive, creates even more inner despair and loneliness.

What i am trying to address is those who attempt suicide are not often supported by family and friends after such an incident,

yet on hear they witness what their loved ones would truly feel if they had succeeded..

surely tackling suicide and the thought of it and breaking down the barriers of this word will help everyone to understand

DESPAIR IS DESPAIR..........And if we don't talk about it and support each other as human beings

we could end up on either side of this dreadful coin..........it depends on who flicks it...and which way it ultimately lands........

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-14-2008), Addy (11-14-2008), Alffe (11-14-2008), barbo (07-29-2014), bizi (11-15-2008), BlueMajo (03-07-2010), Burntmarshmallow (11-14-2008), Doody (11-14-2008), eva5667faliure (05-06-2014), ginnie (06-18-2011), Koala77 (11-14-2008), mistiis (11-14-2008), Nik-key (11-14-2008), OhKay (12-23-2015), pono (11-16-2008), tamiloo (09-05-2010), Twinkletoes (11-14-2008)