View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

David thank you! I just wrote a PM to Mistiis on this very subject!

I too feel this is the perfect place for not only survivors to come share their pain, but, for those in despair contemplating suicide. For all the reasons you mentioned David. What better way to prevent suicide, than to witness through these postings, the hell left behind? I like to think we have always opened our hearts to those who come here in need. Through our support, perhaps one can find strength.

I have mentioned here several times how when I was first diagnosed with my illness in 1999, I did not want to live. I thought of suicide as my only way out. I was in so much pain I even went to my Minister to ask if I would go to Heaven. His answer, forever changed me. Only through the love of my family and friends...... a trip or two(or 20) to hell and back .... and by the grace of God did I survive. I not only survived, but I learned to not only accept a life filled with pain, but to be grateful for it and thrive despite it.

Through walking in that pain, and coming out on the other side I then became a support for others with my diseases. I wanted to let them know they damn well could survive with this pain. I had put suicide out of my mind. ---------Until Dad took his life.........

My Dad's death, not only made me a survivor of his suicide... but his death brought on a deep grieving I am not able to cope with, and at times have not wanted to cope with. Therefore, I know both sides of suicide. I know what it is like to lose someone I deeply love.. and I know how badly I wanted to leave this world to join him.

I have gained so much from others here, not only the survivors, but those in their own hell. David, you in particular helped me try to understand how Dad could have felt suicide was the only answer. I guess my point here is that there is only an elephant in the room, if we allow it. I think the only way to prevent suicide, is to break the silence. That IS what we are doing here! ALL of us

Courage, does not always roar... Sometimes it is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying..... I will try again tomorrow.

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Last edited by Nik-key; 11-14-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-14-2008), Addy (11-14-2008), Alffe (11-14-2008), barbo (07-29-2014), BlueMajo (03-07-2010), Burntmarshmallow (11-14-2008), DMACK (11-14-2008), eva5667faliure (05-06-2014), GAngel (03-15-2010), Koala77 (11-14-2008), mistiis (11-14-2008), pono (11-16-2008), tamiloo (09-05-2010), Twinkletoes (11-14-2008)