View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
Lower down on the site you posted are more clickable info links.
I think trying it your self should be easy enough.

Sprouting: The Basics - http://www.sproutpeople.com/grow/sprouting.html
OH, I'M SO EXCITED

Guess what I did yesterday morning? I had gone to various stores (supermarkets, the organic place I mentioned), trying to find some organic seeds to grow. No luck.

Then, when I read online that you can grow QUINOA sprouts, I said "why, I have boxes of Quinoa in my cupboard", why can't I grow sprouts from these. These ARE SEEDS AREN'T THEY?" (not to sure if these are seeds, grains or whatever), but I said "what the heck, try a small amount".

so yesterday morning, I put some quinoa grain things (seeds??) in the bottom of the pasta jar that I have.

I filled it with water (like the guy did on youtube). I let it sit for 8 hours. I rinsed and drained and then put it back and let i sit (covered with dish towel, cause the guy said "no light".

Then this morning I'm about to do it again, and I carefully look at the little grain things and there's shoots coming out of them. I got so excited. I said 'oh my god, I'm actually growing something". I rinsed and drained again (they say it takes 48 hours to do this). You can then eat them like that or if you want longer sprouts you do it for one more day.

NOW SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT I CAN EAT THESE THINGS. THAT THEY ARE INDEED SPROUTS AND NO SOME PARASITE GROWING FROM THE QUINOA.

The box of quinoa said "pre-rinsed", and I've been cooking the quinoa because it's high protein.

So are these actual seeds, am I growing sprouts (I'll make a video when they are finished sprouting).

It says on youtube. "After you sprout, make sure they are nice and dry and put in plastic bag and keep in fridge."

Tell me I'm growing sprouts......puleeeze!!!

lol lol lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote