View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Holiday Specialty Dish?

Do you have a special dish you make just for the holidays? Main dish, side dish or dessert? Will you share your recipe with us? I'm looking for some ideas for new things to fix and I know we have some good cooks here.

I know we have a "food" forum but it doesn't get much traffic so I thought I'd post this here where more people will see it. If it gets moved...so be it.

I make Pecan Logs each year at Thanksgiving & Christmas time and there are never any leftovers. It was my Mom's recipe and it's so easy it's hard to believe that it tastes so incredible! It's easy and makes a great gift.

Here's the recipe:

Pecan Logs

1 box vanilla wafers
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 C chopped pecans

Crush the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs. Save 1/2 C crumbs to roll the pecan logs in.

Mix the milk, crumbs and pecans together. Shape into logs...any size you'd like. Roll the logs in the saved crumbs. Wrap in foil or saran wrap and freeze.

Slice while still frozen. This can be eaten frozen or thawed. Yummy!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (11-14-2008), Jules A (11-14-2008), soxmom (11-14-2008), Vonn07 (11-14-2008)