Old 11-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0515jenny View Post
I have ankel and knee pain that I thought was just arthritis that was getting worse, but a supervisor suggested neoropathy because I am in so much pain all the time. I do not have insurance to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. Can anyone out there explain what it is.
You need to go to the doctor to see if you have some inflammatory reactions going on in the knee and/or ankle.
Xrays and some blood work.

There is a pain syndrome that some people get when injured, even a minor sprain. It is called reflex sympathetic dystrophy and we have a forum on it as well.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum21.html

Arthritis or tendonitis in the knee can refer down the leg. So you need to find out what is going on there. You can even have back problems that refer to the knee. You cannot self diagnose at this point.

Any injured nerve can be called a neuropathy. But many here have a more generalized version that attacks the whole body in some way, not just one knee and ankle. So please do get some medical evaluation to start with.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote