View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin, and others!

I'm agree with everyone - I find the heat rough, but extreme cold even worse. In the heat I feel more fatigue, where in the cold it's more inability to use my body properly. It's really hard to put into words - I always likened it to my blood freezing in my veins so they couldn't move anymore ( I know that's not ACTUALLY what happens, but that's how it feels - the sort of pervasive numbness). Growing up in Nova Scotia we have pretty huge differences in weather - from 30+ centigrade to -30 with a wind chill. I've found Scotland much more temperate and even with the dampness it still seems a better environment for my MG (but I do miss the snow from home).

ABout the swelling - when I was home this summer it was really hot and humid and I did have a lot of swelling, but I also was still on a lot of pred. I do seem to swell more when I get warm and my face gets really red. I was in a stage show recently (thank goodness I can even write that as a year ago I couldn't walk up the two stairs to get into my house) and I was SO shocked by the photos that were taken. I know I'm still swollen but I looked so much bigger in those pictures, and the only thing I can think of that was different was the heat from the lights.

Anyways, hope you are all enjoying the slightly cooler weather (if you are getting it). All the best
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote