View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ireland looked very strong. I guess we got the telecast late here, 'cause we don't have daylight saving. No idea what's going to happen. I was really wrong in the 2003 world cup. I was living close to Suncorp Stadium. That was an exciting time. Could actually hear the roar of the stadium crowd mixed in with the cheers from the neighbourhood. I really thought New Zealand was going to win the World Cup, and that's saying something coming from an aussie.

Yes. I'm a die-hard cricket fan. My father played for South Australia. Unfortunately a war got in the way of his career. He was a googly bowler. Long story, but the Chappell brother's grandfather was his sponsor when he got back from POW camp in Burma.

Just heard on the news that the Balmy Army has arrived in Queensland in preparation for the Gabba match. lol

Meanwhile, the Ashes sit in the Queensland Museum under high security. Ashes Exhibition Link - Qld Museum
I'm living further south near the border these days, so wasn't able to get up to see them. I should have though.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote