Thread: I'm overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hey BF! Just popping in to say that I continue to keep you in my prayers and hope that things turn around for you soon. I truly believe that unless someone walks in your shoes, they cannot understand how you feel. Your Sister should be more compassionate in that she herself has MS. But, your'e right, OCD in itself is very misunderstood. Heck, we didn't even have a name for it until just a few yrs ago.

I suffer from a milder form of OCD, but I do remember as a child wondering why I did the things I did or why I had some of the thoughts I had. I was overjoyed when OCD came out of the closet, so to speak. I saw a therapist for a while, who also suffered from OCD and she helped me to feel that it wasn't my fault and that I couldn't help it. That, along w/medication, I feel like I am keeping it at bay, for the most part.

The most important thing I want to tell you is that no matter what you think others' are saying or thinking about you, YOU are just as important as everyone else and you are worthy of understanding and love. I hope you can find some answers to your housing and financial situation very soon. But, remember that you are totally worthy.

take care BF and don't give up hope.

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (11-14-2008), DMACK (11-14-2008), mistiis (11-14-2008), Wren (11-14-2008)