View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kathy - what's going on?

I should have gotten the pneumonia vaccine! I am kicking myself! What was I thinking? I shoudl have known better!!!!!! Well, now, I'm stuck!

I am going in next week for IV IG - 5 days in a row @ 400 cc(or is it mgs?) a day - they will start a PICC line Monday, and my neuro wants me to be in every day before 3 so he can check on me..........

Enough about me - what's going on with you? Are you OK? Do you need to talk? You do know my hotmail address, right? If not, then I'll pm the info. I don't know if there is anything I can say or do to help, but I'd love to try!!

I can't wait to hear from you!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
I'm not sure if it's available in the States but over here there is a vaccine for pneumonia that my doctor recommended at the same time as the flu jab. Since it's not a live vaccine it shouldn't interfere with anything either. It's probably too late for this year (esp if you have already got pneumonia) but maybe something to look into for next year! You could try to realtionalise (HA) with your insurance providers saying that one jab - vs a 2 week stay in hospital would be a better deal. Although maybe Erin with your needle-thing you wouldn't want it anyways!!

My husband has had the flu now for 10 days - it's hard to keep both of us going but I'm coping. I'm just so thankful I didn't get sick too! I'm still not sure how I escaped it... especially with all my immunio-suppresant meds. I have had some other bad news on that front... but I'll survive.

Stay healthy!
~KAthy