15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMACK View Post
My dear friend

There is an old saying that says..
.'you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family'

I hear your pain BF, family can be very difficult at the best of times , but throw in something they don't understand, comprehend, or could not care less about and you get problems.

I have no idea why your sister is behaving in this manner, ..big sister mode..may be in practice.
Our siblings :even when we are older occasionally still play the mind games of sibling rivalry...trying to score points on each other, so others will see them in a better light. Why this happens i haven't a clue...but i do like to think when the intention is to kick you while your down its jealousy.

May be she feels you have had enough attention, and is seeking her own attention. The trick is to understand if their behaviour is warranted..if its not shake their hand thank them for their past friendship and love, and say goodbye.........just because they are family...would you allow a friend to treat you so harshly............NO....You would say something..

Family are no different when they do you wrong, or are darn right cruel and mean...you say enough is enough.

I struggled for years with my family.... as the youngest child out of nine.i desperately craved their love and attention....because of a large age gap between us all we are very different... their are many issues with the eldest 5...who were placed in care when very young [for 2 years]

They don't say they are envious of the other 4 children's childhood... but it is evident that all is not right...........

For years i got stressed out when the only time people would talk to me was if i telephoned them, its still the case now .............no body ever calls me unless there is a death in the family. [ and they have even failed to do that on one occasion ]

BF you have on a couple of occasions mentioned 9-11, ....i do not know your circumstances and how it involved you directly...but if like me i watched that event unfold on my TV....and suffered a serious down turn in mood for many many months......and i live in the UK.........no direct involvement......but watching that event seriously affected my psyche.....PTDD....POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.......can affect anyone who witnesses an event of great magnitude, it questions your own mortality.

BF.........i don't know how to get you out of your predicament, but i sincerely hope you find the inner strength to gain insight to the solution's to your current problems...

David
Thank you David. I live around the mid-Atlantic on the East Coast of America. When 9/11 happened, they closed all of the major buildings in the capital city where I was working. I was working at a Supermarket,and people where telling me what they saw on TV.

People took financial losses due to the stock market crashing. Businesses seemed to get more dishonest,and it showed. Where I was working,I was mistreated,and they where not giving real raises that could help me live.

Then the apartment complex that I was living in for years was sold. I looked for other affordable apartments near the store where I worked,and I couldn't find any. So I moved out of the city to the rural area where my sister lives. I was griped with stress that felt like disrupting thoughts serging through me. No one understands that,but it's the only way that I can explain it. My anxiety increased,and my sleep was disrupted. I ended up with all kinds of anxiety problems after that. I now keep people a arms length away.

Thank you for your reply. It helps me to talk to someone.

I don't want to talk about this continually,but that's what I'm dealing with.

Everyone that I talk to about this sooner,or later leaves me,and I don't see them again. They cannot stand the condition that I'm talking about. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote