View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back to the hospitalfor more IV IG!

Hello all! Just got back from my neuro. He increased my pred back to 20 a day and reduced my cellcept to 1000 mgs.

He also wants to put me back in the hospital for 5 days of IV IG, cuz' I have felt ROUGH recently! GRanted, I will only be in as an outpatient basis - no overnight stays for me - but I still really don't want to go back (hello needle phobia) - at least it's not the other!!!! Yuck!!!

He also wants me in @ 3 every day so he can check on me daily - I love that man! He acts gruff and grouchy, but he does have a heart of gold.

He also said that I am doing much better than his other MG patients, b/c I have only been in for 1 official crisis and he still believes my chance of remission is pretty good!!!

I had "wonky" eye last night - does anyone else experience that? It's where your eye goes waaaaaaaaaaay off center and hurts like the dickens! I had a hard time swallowing last night, but after I was able to choke down my mestinon (the big boy- 180 mgs), felt much better...........

We'll be treating my pneumonia via IV in the hospital as well, b/c my neuro told me I will not feel better until that goes away - duh!!!!

All in all I guess I should feel lucky that I do have ins and am able to have IV IG, but that PICC line really hurts going in................

On the positive side, once I've had my IV IG, I should be able to go on that cruise to Jamaica - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

How is everyone feeling today? I hope that everyone is having a great day!

Alan - how is your visit going with your daughter? I am so happy for you!

Kathy (scot's cat) - I can't wait to hear from you!

Kate - I'll pm you later!

Kathy - I hope you are doing OK!

Brian - I hope you are doing OK as well!

Missy - are your renovations done?

I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Erin