View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you so much for the story about the elephant in the room David. I'd never heard that before, and I had no idea I'd done something wrong when I posted what I thought was such a cute picture. If my elephant picture upset anyone, please know it was not intentional if it did, I truly do apologise.

After discussion with another SOSer last night, I did a web search and read about the story, but I couldn't find any reference as to why it would be taboo in a forum like this. Thank you for explaining it for me.

In regards to the forum, I too think this is the perfect place for some-one with suicidal thoughts. Who better to offer emotional support than a survivor who is suffering themselves? What better place for some-one to see the pain that suicide causes for their loved ones? I'm not thinking very clearly at the moment, as some of this has left me a bit teary, but I hope that makes sense, and that you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Also David, I am so sorry for the pain that you've endured. I worked as a nurse until recently, and although it's quite some time since I had worked in an emergency center, I'm pleased to say I never saw anyone treated as badly as you were. I think the way you were spoken to was just dreadful!

Unfortunately I do know how cruel and thoughtless family members can be though, as I've been on the receiving end myself.

Last edited by Koala77; 11-14-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-09-2010), barbo (03-02-2010), BJ (11-15-2008), DMACK (11-15-2008), Nik-key (11-17-2008), Twinkletoes (11-14-2008), waves (09-09-2010)