Thread: Muscle Spasms
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
I'm just wondering if this is something that has just come on recently (you said "now"), or if it has been an ongoing problem to the degree it is now? Are you having any other new or worsening of symptoms?

Have you tried a stretching regime of about 15 min per day? Has the weather changed to colder where you are recently? Does soaking in a warm tub help?

Cold weather is the worst for starting up my spasticity and spasms, and I have to be far more vigilant about doing my stretching in the fall/winter. The colder it is, the more I tend to cripple up into a pretzel . . . which leads to spasms. Stretching has always helped considerably.

Cherie

These spasms have been a ongoing problem. I have started trying to keep a journal of when it happens. I have physical and occupational therapy 3x a week per doctors request but my legs just seem like noodles when I am done with therapy.The spasms are horrible I tried soaking in tub even with dead sea salt as I have heard it was suppose to work. But still no help, the weather here is nice right now but suppose to change in the next few days. I am going to call doctor on Monday and see if possible to up my dose on Baclofen and see if possible a little more would help although I would rather not take medicine at all.I have always been the type I hated taken medicine I would only take it until I was feeling better. Although with this horrible monster I don't have that option or I wouldn't be able to function at all. I just would love any relief at this point. As far as other symptoms my eyes have always been a problem it was how I was diagnosed.Any reflective glare and they don't want to function not to mention the sometimes double vision and excruciating pain behind them. I all at the same time have to be able to function to work so I can't take to much of a sedating drug or I am out like a light. Hugs and thanks for the suggestions
coletaterbug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote