View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

RW, thank you for sharing that story. How touching and sad. About six years ago is when Jim's aunt was asked to provide dna samples to cross match with found remains. The sad part is they declined to give dna. The mother, Jim's aunt wanted to but the family (his sisters) asked to not bring up the past because it hurt too much. She let them decide to not do it. In some way I can understand but more of me doesn't get it.

Jim and I have fought in the past to bring our men and women home with Task Force Omega, a private veteran's organization we used to belong to. To have a family refuse dna because they don't want to relive the past hurt me. Not for them, but for Sonny. Jim has tried to find someone who would at least take his blood to cross match but so far we've not heard from anyone.

I told my MIL about this man and asked her to ask the family if they want me to get his contact infomation for them. I am going to go ahead and contact him for Jim and I no matter what their decision.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your story. I will remember your soldier on Veteran's and Armed Forces day.
Riverwild (11-15-2008)