Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rita and Reed,
It is always good to hear from you and letting us know how you are both doing. I also had the spasms, myoclonic jerks, electric jolts, They, too, were always when I was laying in bed nodding off to sleep. BAM a jolt of lighting thru my body and brain that would bring my head right off the pillow. Would scare me to death. Or reclining and relaxed to watch TV. Legs would start going spastic, moving up and down, constantly, arms too.
Dr. put me on Neurotin and had to go up to 3200 mg to get this under control. I don't have them anymore. Sleeping or lack therof is a common sympton to most RSD friends, I'm no sure why, But many a night, I can't get to sleep till 3 or 4 in the morning. I hate that. I even take Ambien CR 25 mg almost every night. Besides, vicodin 6 a day two at a time. something that really helps me is anti-anxiety drug called Lorazepam 2 mg. 3 times a day. It keeps my system calm. Music, scented candles, reading, meditating all keep me calm, my kitty too. She always wants to be in same room and likes to sleep with me. She is a maincoon, very affectionate and long soft fur.
Dr and I have switched from Neurotin to Lyrica and I feel much better. Neurotin drug me out-tired. Lyrica helped more with nerve pain, only take 300mg of Lyrica. Also went off of two anti-depressants and went on one-Cymbalta 60 mg. My depression, deep depression has completely gone away. I'm a little more emotional, cry some, but feel so much better. I was on double dose of wellbutrin xl and paxil cr.
So my jolts, jerks, where handled thru meds. They interest your sleep and that is NOT GOOD! right. You guys take care, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote