View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Mrs. D. what do you (or ayone), think of this theory??

Of course I will continue to keep you guys updated. We're all on a journey here together.

Just woke up. It's 8:13 a.m. and there's a police helipcopter hovering over my neighborhood. Been doing this for two days. I MUST FIND OUT WHO THE'RE LOOKING FOR!!!

Alan is being very cautious about the lyrica. Not only did he have the bad experience from the celebrex but he will never forget about the Neurontin (made him deathly sick).

Oh, I have a big important question about Alan's PN.

As I indicated previously, Alan's mom had Guilliam Barre Syndrome when was 45. Affected her legs and she had to be hospitalized, go into rehabilitation and learned to walk.

We have told each and every doctor about his mom and each and every doctor has pooh-poohed any connection from his mother to his PN.

Yesterday, when I told Dr. Goldfarb, she didn't pooh pooh it but she just stood there going hmm hmm and then said "But Guilliam Barre is .....and I blurted out 'IT'S ACQUIRED, SO YOU DON'T THINK ALAN GOT IT FROM HER, RIGHT".? And she said "exactly".

NOW LISTEN TO THIS!!
Alan was on the internet last night (he is, for some reason, convinced that his PN is connected to Guilliam Barre is some way or other).

He found some information. I'm going to type some of it here and hope that some of you knowledgeable people out there will peruse it and give me some of your thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
GUILLIAN-BARRE SYNDROME AND ITS VARIANTS
Guillian Barre Syndrome most commonly characterized by some comination of limb paresthesias, weakness and areflexia. Pathogenesis of GBS not yet fully understood and curren thinking is that GBS is not a single disease but a variety of acute neuropathies with a number of related immune mediated pathogenis mechanisms. Most common immunopathologic finding endoneurial inflammation in spinal nerves segments, or around potential nerve entrapment sites (Alan's lower back, spinal stuff, remember?)
One doctor wrote in this article “Many of the autoimmune neuropathies are difficult to diagnose due to lack of generally accepted clinical diagnostic criteria, or availability of reliable serological tests. Consequently pateients with autoimmune neuropathies are diagnosed as having “idiopathic neuropathy” instead despite progression of their disease. (remember Alan has Psoriasis, so he already has autoimmune stuff going on in his body),

NOW THIS ARTICLE IS THE MOST INTERESTING THING I HAVE EVER READ AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ALAN GOT ALL THIS STUFF FROM, BECAUSE HE DIDN’T SAVE IT IN HIS FAVORITE PLACES.

I have to go and nudge him to find me this website again.

See why Alan (and now me), think there just might be a LINK to the GBS thing?

Now, humor me. Alan was 14 when his mom got the GBS. Maybe they were both exposed to some bacteria, or some germ or whatever causes a person to contract GBS. What if his mom got the GBS in a worse state, and what if Alan, well, what if it lay dormant in his body (like mad cow or something, the lady upstairs from me died of Creutzfeld yacov disease which is the human strain of mad cow).

So people do acquire stuff that lingers in the system and maybe gets triggered later on in life, right??

25 years go, Alan got a fever, he was hospitalized for almost 7 days. Nobody knew what the hell was wrong with him. He ultimately got diagnosed with “fever of unknown origin”.
Took him months of staying home (kind of like when a person has mono or Epstein barr).
Then he got better but was tired for a long time. Then he GOT BETTER!!!

So tell me if you think I’m grasping at straws here.

Also, when we go to see Dr. Fred tomorrow, is there a blood test I can ask him to run to test to see if Alan was ever exposed to Guillian Barre in his lifetime.
That’s the important question I’m asking.

Thanks guys.
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 11-21-2006 at 03:38 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote