Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Update

The burning got worse! (feels like what I imagine a 3rd degree burn would feel like)

I took some more neurontin, and the burning has gone down a teeny bit, but I can barely walk now. (scaring me!) I dont know if that's the neurontin making me punchy, or if this is something to freak out about.

Also, the weird numbness and tingly burning sensations has moved into an area that I dont want to have burning and tingling! (think about it...sorry if that's TMI)

I feel sick, like I want to hug a trash can, and this whole thing is really starting to scare me. My right leg is tingling. I am trying to resist calling the neurologists emergency number. I'm worried that I'll wake him up and he'll be ticked off. It's almost 5am here.

Can anyone tell me if this is how things happen when MS is about to paralyze you? I'm really starting to get more than just freaked out. This is scaring me.

edited to add:

Called the neuro's er number. The on call neuro told me to up the neurontin and take some tylenol, and also to take some baclofen for the full body shaking I'm having right now (he thought that was anxiety)

This is really freaking me out. I cant sleep, I feel like crap, if this is what MS is going to be the rest of my life, I'm not all that sure I want to do this. (not seriously thinking about doing anything, I think that's the lack of sleep and the drugged up on neurontin talking)

This really f-ing sucks. It's also the first time I've ever had anything worse than optic neuritis affect me. I had a numb leg last spring, but that was nowhere near as bad as I feel right now. This is 100 times worse.

I think I'll go stagger over to my neurontin bottle and take the extra pill that the neuro told me to take.

I just dont like feeling like this, and I really do not like crying like I am right now. Ok...staggering to the neurontin bottle on the other side of the room (why did I leave it way over there?)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 11-15-2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: wanted to whine about this some more
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote