View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoyizes View Post
This past Thursday, I began having sharp, stabbing pains behind my left eye. That lasted until I finally fell asleep. Friday, I got in to see my ophthalmologist. He couldn't find any tears or anything wrong that he could see. He even checked for open-angle glaucoma, because my pressure has been a little high the past year or so.

He told me that he thought it was nerve pain. He gave me a sample of Xibrom eyedrops which he said may help, but they didn't do a thing for me.

If I still have the pain Monday, I'm going to call my neuro's office to see if I can get an appointment. I have an appt with my eye doctor next Friday, but the pain is bad and I want to see if I can get some help sooner that that.

I suspect that a lot of people on this board have had this problem before. If so, who did you see for it and were they able to help you?

It should be noted that I cried in the exam room almost constantly. My MS has been going downhill. I have insomnia and head tremors, and now with this eye pain it has all swirled around me until I feel like I could fly apart.

Also, while the doctor was doing the exam, the nurse had to stand behind me and hold my head still and up against the chin/forehead rest. I was crying, my nose was running, and I honestly felt like screaming. I can't stand for someone to hold my head, but it was necessary because my head shakes. Both the doctor and his nurse were very nice, but it was an awful experience for me.

I feel for you but unfornutely there is nothing they can do its optic neuritis.
Major symptoms are sudden loss of vision (partial or complete), or sudden blurred or "foggy" vision, and pain on movement of the affected eye. Many patients with optic neuritis may lose some of their color vision in the affected eye, with colors appearing subtly washed out compared to the other eye. A study found that 92.2% of patients experienced pain, which actually preceded the visual loss in 39.5% of cases. I have these pains as well they are horrible but I have had steroids for them before because I lost vision as well it didn't really help. I hope the pain will go away for you and hopefully you don't lose vision as well like me. I am unfornutely unable to drive because of the visual loss and problems with glare but the pains are very excruciating and sometimes bring me to tears.Lots of hugs
coletaterbug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (11-15-2008)