Thread: IVIG Brands
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Wow? I was wondering when you mite try this route.

First off I heartily recommend that you check out the magazine [yep a mag] called IG Living. It's free, secure and the staff are very, no super helpful. [At least to me and to several others I know about] Sign up for the free 'e-zines' which is the magazine on-line, so there's no extra paper to clutter our lives. Lots of info, and also perspectives from all kinds of folks who rely on IVIG to just LIVE let alone get by. No junk mail either!
http://www.igliving.com/
Another source about brands and costs - to the trades is the following:
http://www.fffenterprises.com/Email/...html?WT.mc_id=
It keeps you up to date on the costs sort of? When I first started IVIG 4 years ago it was $40+ a gram and now, much more. It does list the brands available tho. And it mite pay for you to web up the 'prescribing information' on each brand....mainly for possible solvents and/or dilution solutions that you mite not get along with. Reading the stuff tho can be mind-numbing, but it's key to be fully informed about the treatment, process and any side effects.
This is enough for now I think? Don't hesitate to ask questions. I believe that Your medical condition should be fully covered by Medicare, but the hoops your DOCTOR will have to go thru can vary state by state and by your insurance[s]. Let the doc and his staff do that work. Brand issues are often based on doc's preferences and/or availability. Side effects to some cheaper brands can/do occur[but they can with the 'brand' names too], this is not a time or place to try and go 'generic'!
At this point, for you, and all the pain you've endured....why not give it a try? You'll either get along and well with it, or you won't! 's in heaps! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Silverlady (11-18-2008)