Thread: The Mime
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well Michael.....

800mg sinemet and 15 Requip/day doesn't sound too bad. I know that 800mg of sinemet is a "top number", hard to take more because of side-effects. I once went up to 1500mg sinemet for about a month, but i couldn't hack it, the initial nausea comes back and you either get speedy or sleepy from it. So I would say that you are pretty well where you need to be.
I.ve never had a good experience with ReQuip, but do know that 15mg is still in the "middle range" as some peopel here have reported taking up to 35mg/day. I'd say that you and your docs are doing a good job as far as your regimen and won't pretend that I could recommend a better regimen, as long as you are "happy" about it (how's that for an oxymoron, "happy with a PD drug regimen ). And its nice to hear that you are still active enough to do the tasks around the home, that means you've still got some flame in you yet . I remember one of your last posts on the old forum saying that you moved to Lake Charles, but nothing about the wife and daughter opening up a furniture store. I do hope that you can make it out from under that pile of bills. And Ya know, if you tell a neuro or a GP that you "hurt everywhere" they almost laugh at you. It's probably best not to take heavy duty pain meds like I do on top of the other pills in the "Jetsons breakfast" that I take, but no Sir, I can't accept living with chronic pain, which I believe (apart from a case of horrible gouty arthritis) that all comes from dystonia aggravated by long periods of dyskinesia, and it's hard to beieve that the two can occurr at the same time , but apparently they can and do.
NSAIDS and Prednisone for inflammatory pain, Oxycontin for neurogenic pain, works for me anyway. Hang in there 'bro, sound s like you're fightin' with all ya got cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote