View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Weeble,

I looked back through some of your posts, and see that you are under considerable stress in your work, and you are (or have been) suffering from anxiety, depression and high fatigue levels. That is a HUGE burden to carry.

I haven't had the anxiety or depression (except during PMS time, which is more then ENOUGH for me ), but fatigue is what took me out of the workforce. (I was very unreliable too, but it was the fatigue that was the worst "symptom" ...).

Fatigue will affect our cognitive ability, and at some point in the disease process (for some of us), there is no way to rectify that except to sleep. In fact, I was able to sleep 2 - 3 hrs each day during work hours (worked from home), which kept me "functional" cognitively the rest of the time. However, I ended up spending ALL of my waking hours trying to get in my 8 of work. That is stressful, which only adds fuel to the fire.

That went on for two years, and I finally admitted defeat by going on LTD. At the same time I started LDN, which helped in so many ways . . . but the important part of the "fix" was leaving my job.

I used to thrive on stress before the MS got bad, but now any amount of stress sends me in a tail-spin. I think you are pushing yourself beyond your current capabilities/endurance, and that is compounding the problem.

I'm sure you are hoping the Tysabri is going to allow you to continue working, and perhaps it will after several months. If you can hang on to see if that happens, then that's good. If you have the option to go on STD for 3 or 4 months (to see how this med will work for you), that is what I would do personally. For me . . . at the end of 6 months of STD, I transitioned to LTD because I suspected that I wasn't going to ever get back in the workforce. I held onto my job for 2 yrs though (they couldn't replace me), but in the end, I realized I could no longer work.

I have a good existance now, and many of the problems I experienced for so long have rectified. Maybe it is the LDN, maybe it is leaving the workforce (removing the stress) . . . but at least I don't have to worry about it any more.

Good luck in thinking through your options.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (11-16-2008), sabimax (11-15-2008)