View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeble37 View Post
I am out of work for now through Feb 1st, officially starting my leave on Tuesday of this week. I have been out of the classroom for the three weeks prior but still grading and planning and driving stuff back and forth at 6:30 in the morning.

I have had two Tysabri infusions, the most recent being last week. I just felt that if there are fewer lesions then I should be doing better and not the other way around. Maybe I just need to give it more time.
I'm really glad you are going to get a break, and that you will have a few more months of evaluating Tysabri before you have to make any short or long-term decisions. No matter what, the break will do you good.

Enhancing lesions and relapses are far from the end-all, be-all of this disease . . . although that is not what the "efficacy measures" for our drug options seem to imply. Several years ago (before Tysabri) they did regularly cycled MRI studies, and found that we would often have enhancing lesions with no symptoms/relapse, and no apparent lesions with plenty of disease activity going on.

They are still learning how all this ties together . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (11-16-2008)