View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Gazelle, hugssss you are wonderful...yes I made it down...and had some one on one time....she has always been someone to try to follow in the way she lived her life...and she also showed how to die thru cancer gracefully and strong.....she taught at the college Statistics..up until this past spring....played tennis till this past spring once a week...with a tennis group.....all thru chemo and all.....

she also, has always been such a inspiring mom...to her kids...she is one tough cookie...

the last few weeks, she was up and about....and held out for the Saturday that her daughter had a wedding blessing done at the house. Her daughter was planning quickly a wedding for november once they knew how serious the cancer was.....and she had a dress and a dress for my sister....then they got the worse news that it was closer...

so they had a priest come to the house for a wedding blessing on the couple..although a blessing they did the suit and wedding dress...got my sister all dolled up in her dress...and wow she looked fabulous in the pics...(it was just the family immediate and my parents..and the grooms grandparents)

then my sister passed away just the Monday after that...she was so tough..only down in bed all day the last two days I think....

Our youngest is named after her...well middle name..Madeline...and My sister Madeline was at the birth of Maria madeline...so that was always a touching moment to me...and will cherish that as well.

Thanks for starting a thread about memories...of the ones we love...good idea...the month of November is in memory of month at our church...they have the remembrance book of names...and a big board everyone can put pics of lost loved ones. We have one of my sister on there...and the kids asked me this weekend to add a picture of the baby we lost...thought that was special that the older kids asked that.

hugsss to all...thinking of you...and thinking of your special grandmother...what is her name??? you might have put it...cogfog here..hugsss,sarah

KEEP SMILING, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WEAR A FROWN!!
sabimax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (11-15-2008)