Thread: The Mime
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Michael -

Attention Deficit - I used to be skeptical of such labels when I taught middle school, but now I live it.

It is good to hear from you. I agree with cs. Why be so rigid (no pun intended) about taking your meds on a schedule?

I do the following for pain: 1) I visit the chiropractor on a weekly basis until my insurance won't pay 2) I take a fish oil supplement which is supposed to help with inflammation and 3) I do moderate stretching each day 4)stopped taking both Fosomax and Boniva, meds for osteoporosis. The latter applies mostly to women because more of them have osteoporosis, so I would like to mention to women that I take Evista which is a non-hormone that helps with your bones.

For the attention deficit or demise of organizational skills or clognition, whatever you want to call it, I say aloud to myself what I have on my list, so I won't get waylaid. For example, while unloading the dishwasher, I might say over and over to myself: Fold the clothes, pay the cable bill/Fold the clothes, pay the cable bill, Fold the clothes - well, I am sure you get the picture. At any rate, it reminds me of what to do next. Finally, I awaken much earlier, and as Martha Stewart says, that is a good thing. Gives me more time to do jobs that I once zipped through.

As far as mimes go, I really, really dislike them. For one thing, they are mute. For another, they see a wall where there doesn't have to be one.

Good luck. Don't disappear again.

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote