View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It will be 2 yrs for my Grandma in Jan/09, and she was the last of the elders. I only met my other Grandparents once before they died. My dad died when I was 11, Grandpa when I was in my teens, my mom when I was 40, and the last to go was my Grandma.

I was in the start of that infection-TM attack when my Grandma ended up in hospital. I didn't get in to see her for two months, cause I was sick, and it was Xmas time too. When I finally was ok enough to go (early Jan), I called my sister and she told me "Grandma died a week ago". I couldn't believe they (2 sis') didn't phone and tell me, but they said "oh, I didn't think you cared that much cause you never went to see her this time". Yeah RIGHT!!!

Wenches.

Anyway, my Grandma and I had a bond that neither of them would ever be able to have with her. I may have missed that last two months, but I kept her out of an old folks home for the last two years, and that's all she wanted. She didn't care if she died alone from a fall, or wasn't found for a month . . . she just wanted her independance.

So, I guess I'm the "oldest" generation now . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (11-15-2008)