View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear BJ

How right you are ,,,,,,,,,accepting the elephant is in the room in the first place, and letting go of the denial begins the help, that is required..

only by talking about our inner pain...can way confront the fear it creates, and the damage it bestows upon us.

I think of my elephant as part of my life,......... and a circus.

At times there are clowns who make me laugh...and at times i don't find them funny at all ..........and humour is the last thing on my mind.

Then there is the Tight rope walker...who gingerly tries to balance his life to get across to safety.

Then the trapeze artist who depends on another individual. 100%.with complete trust to prevent themselves from falling [sometimes i am the catcher other times I'm the one caught] [ sometimes there is a net below other times there is not]

Then there are the jugglers who i don't understand fully and i see as them as the nonsense in my life's circus.....then at times i see their skill for what it is....... a mastery of balancing and coping with what they have ...quite musically alternating numerous tasks at once....[maybe I'm wrong maybe jugglers are the skill full ones in life's circus after all..........even when they drop things they start again]

Next the lion tamer......who with assertiveness and utmost respect for his adversary......wows me with his bravery.....his bravery is tinged at times with reckless abandon....but it makes the life circus interesting viewing.

There are the stilt walkers towering above me looking down upon me, with an air of superiority...and the dwarfs....who look up to me, some smile some frown....

there are many other acts in this circus....some i see and others pass me by ....but they all play a part.........

OH.............I FORGOT THE ELEPHANT?........................[BUT THEN...IT IS ONLY PART OF MY LIFE CIRCUS HOWEVER BIG IT APPEARS ATTIMES]

It all depends on me the Ringmaster.........and where i put the ELEPHANT in my daily show.........he will always be in the show...but not always the star of the show...............[i decided that]

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-09-2010), mistiis (11-16-2008), Nik-key (11-17-2008), pono (11-16-2008), waves (09-09-2010)