View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 02:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Be Careful!!

Hi, I'd be very careful. I had a disc out at C5-6 and it was impinged into the spinal cord, causing compression. When I looked at the MRI the doctor explained to me that the disc was completely out and it was wedged between the vertrabrae and the spinal cord, you could see on the MRI where the disc was being pushed into the spinal cord leaving a dent...the doctor, Neurosurgeon, explained to me not to let anyone slap me on the back or jump off anything because this could send the disc into my spinal cord and most likely it would cut the spinal cord in two pieces, leaving me paralyzed from the neck down, Now really do you want to take a chance on this? Windsurf your way to a wheelchair or even worst, a complete quad? Wise up my lady, I was in LA when mine happened too, 1990, and had Dr. Averon Feldman do my fusion surgery. The only regret I had was I should of used my own bone and not bone from a bone bank. That mistake caused me a lot of pain thru the years, but I'm still walking and moving about just fine....you might want to wake up and realize that the days of Windsurfing might be over, or you better be darn careful what you do...one mistake and you'll wind up not moving at all, much less windsurfing. I love all that stuff too, I love Roller Coaster's and that's about as far as I'll go. I try and mix a little common sense with what I do and realize I could lose the very thing I so dearly cherish and that's the use of my arms and legs...Hey Good Luck and keep us up updated on how things turn out, and don't wait too long either!!
futurexboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote