View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Nov 16-22, 2008

Hi Everyone..It has finally stopped raining!..It almost seems weird not having a wet windshield

We went and got a recreational crab license at the Wal Mart here, and went out to this pier and set a crab pot off the end of it looking to catch either dungeness or rock crabs..Some things never change....Anyway, we caught 3 good sized rock crabs, atleast I think thats what they were..I should know these things, but using the regulation booklet that came with the license that has pictures of the crabs, the only way it seems to tell the two apart is by the claws it..Ahhh, whuteva..

Laura has decided on the Cleveland Clinic to try to get to the bottom of the misplaced DBS wire, so we are waiting on them for a date to get in there..Looking for answers to a number of questions..She turned hte DBS off about 5 or 6 days ago, and is doing alot better than she was doing with the damned thing on..We went mushroom hunting a few days ago, and we walked about 2 miles, most of it through the woods with no established trail, and Laura did it without taking a break..Her offs are nowhere near as bad as they were with the thing turned on..She has encphelitis induced pd according to her original dx 24 yrs ago, and she has IMO some unique symptoms not common of us garden variety parkies.Her gait is definately different, and she, after 24 years, is on half the daily medication that I am on..she has the same coordination in both hands which enables her to be able to the piano, and type using both hands..I type with two fingers on my left hand..cant type with my right hand at all..They say we are all different, but Laura's symptoms are not like any Ive seen in all the other parkies Ive encountered thus far..I certainly do pray that someone at the Cleveland Clinic can finally provide her with some answers

On the lighter side..Laura and I were taling the other day..She was sitting on the couch, and I was sitting in the chair..We both got up at the same time, and both fell back into the couch and chair at the same time, and busted out laughing..Ya has to be there..

How was your week?