Thread: Seminar notes
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My guess, from reading through this thread Cherie, is why bring up any remarks at all if you are not on the med, and are only trying to be negative?

I'm only reading this thread because I'm on Ty, and I want to hear what others say about it. I don't want to hear a negative slant from someone that has never even been on the drug. Stay off the Ty threads unless you have a stake in it! I never contribute to Copaxone threads because I have no experience with it.

If someone has been on it, and wants to say something negative about it, that is great! In fact, I question often if my being on Ty is the correct thing!

But you know what I've learned from this thread? I'm grateful my neuro went from Avonex to Rebif, and then to Ty so that I'm on it now without ever having one of the other "harder core" meds that could possibly contribute to PML. It will remain to be seen.

You see, I'm a 47 year old woman who only has some balance issues and a tingly left hand, works full-time and in most ways doesn't suffer from anything serious because of my MS. And that is how I want to stay, and that is why I'm on Ty! I don't want to get worse. I want to be in great shape 20 or 30 years from now.

Avonex wasn't strong enough (more lesions after a year), Rebif made me tired and somewhat itchy, but it wasn't horrible, nothing in my bloodwork anyway. So I could have stayed on, but instead switched to Ty because I felt it was the best med out there for keeping me as I am today. Only time will tell if that decision was correct. I have faith that it is!
Riverwild (11-16-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (11-16-2008), yeahbut (11-16-2008)