View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Denise and other Fibro Friends -

As you can see from my signature, I have Fibro as well. Don't have RSD though. Thank goodness! I don't need anymore ailments. Ha!

I completely understand how you feel Denise. To be very honest, my childhood chums are not very understanding of my chronic illnesses. They do not want to understand. I get along better with people who are dealing with the same things I am dealing with. I have a few friends who do have chronic illnesses and we talk and try to lift each others spirits. I also have two wonderful friends (ex-coworkers) who are extremely supportive. We all need friends and I am very glad I found this forum.

I'm 55 yrs old, married 21 yrs and I have a daughter from my first marriage. I also have two grandchildren. My granddaughter lives with us. She will be 16 in April. When her parents moved to another city she did not want to leave her friends and school so she is living with us during the week and goes home on weekends.

I deal with pain 24/7 and I am on a heavy narcotic. I am having surgery on Dec. 2nd on my back. They will be removing a diseased disc and putting in a cage. I have curvature at that same area that does not help matters. Hopefully the surgery will help with the pain I deal with in my lower back and right leg. Keeping fingers crossed.

My fibro pain is the pitts. I feel like someone has hit me all over my body. Just punched at me.

I live in Redondo Beach, CA by the way. I am happy to meet you as well as the other posters on this thread. Keep your chin up and watch a funny movie. Funny movies always put me in a better place for some reason.

Here's a for you and everyone else. Have a good day today and I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else here.

Kathy
DX with: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Fuch's Cornea Dystrophy, Type II Diabetes, DDD, back surgery on Dec 2, 2008 (anterior fusion at L5 S1), DDD in cervical spine, Hypothyroidism, Venous Insufficiency. Hospitalization for cellulitis - three times. Surgery on both legs (2013) because of venous insufficiency Recently received a DX of RSD (2013). New doctor (Internist) researched some of my symptoms which brought her to RSD. She could never touch my right leg-or foot. I'm very hypersensitive even though I have peripheral nueropathy. If you even slightly touch my toes, I scream in pain. Not kidding. In 1985, I had Hammertoe surgery and when doctor went to take pin out of one toe on right side, it would not come out. Was in crooked. Had to use wire pulleys I think she called it. Afterwards, I could not walk for two weeks. Nerve damage - Only way to deal with it all is with laughter and good friends.
Kathy90277 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-23-2009), mistiis (11-19-2008), tamiloo (11-16-2008), warbelsnap (11-16-2008)