View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you and Laura are having a great time together. This makes me very happy for the both of you.

We've had just as much rain back here in New England. It has been quite warm up until today. It was in the mid-60's yesterday with warm drizzle and high humidity all day. Today it's in the 40's and feels like it'll snow. The sun peaked out briefly this morning then went in to stay warm.

My last week was busy, but the good thing was I was out of school. Sadly I go back on Tuesday, but that will end soon because of the holidays and I'll get some extra time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need the vacation badly because I get so fatigued from it.

Overall I'm doing okay. My medication is balanced and I'm able to get around pretty well except for the mornings when my legs feel like they're stuck to the floor and my arms are very stiff. After my second dose of Sinemet (11:30), I'm doing pretty well for the rest of the day. We are all different when it comes to PD. I don't fit the muold either. My hand coordination varies, but it's good most of the time, but my legs are spastic and my gait is weird, and I have very little external tremor that comes and goes. This is what makes this so difficult to treat because of the variety. I can say though, when I am off I am definitely stiff and slow, and when I'm on I feel "normal" like I've never had anything wrong. So there's definitely a dopamine uptake problem somewhere.

Anyway, take care and keep having fun.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote