View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Another finding after being off opiates for over 3 months...... I sleep much less. I went to bed around 1am last night due to congestion, was awake around 5:45am. I seem to feel ok the rest of the day, so who knows. Before opiates I could sleep to 7am easily.

My Restless Leg Syndrome is back with a vengeance. I had RLS around 2002 or 2003, then it seemed to go away. MAYBE it was because of the increasing amount of opiates?

The normal starting dosage of ReQuip is .25mg for RLS (per my Neurologist). In order to calm my RLS I quickly went to 6mg. Not good. Nausea is my new companion.

My memory is still not good. Example is: You and I are talking and a friend asks you what time it is. You answer. I will have forgotten what we were talking about most of the time.
I am trying to be patient (like I have a choice .

The reason I am posting these things is to let all of you know that the opiates may mask our pain, but our bodies ... may have other problems we can't anticipate. I hope that makes sense. I can't remember nouns well. Really a strange feeling.

Again, if you go to a Pain Med doctor, ask him how he will help you detox on down the road..... IF you have to do that. I never dreamed I would leave opiates, but my body demanded it. As one Pulmonologist told my wife, "Get him off the Morphine before it kills him..." I understand most of you will not have my problems, but you MAY be masking a different set of problems with your pain meds.

Well, now that I have cheered you up , keep these things in mind. I had RLS before the opiates, I just thought RLS had taken a vacation.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (11-16-2008)