Thread: Goodbye
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you before now, and I hate that you are having such a terrible time. I had to quit working when I first got the RSD in my foot, because I had a hair salon and couldn't stand to do hair. After I was put on Methadone I was able to wear a shoe again after 3 1/2 years of not being able to, and now am working. I do have days where I would love to stay in bed but when I do it makes my Fibromyalgia worse.

I do know how you feel about people staring at you when you park in a handicap spot and they think you are too young, and they don't see me in a wheelchair or with a cast on my leg, but if they knew how horrible the invisible pain was they wouldn't stare. If I am having a good day and can find a parking spot pretty close to the building then I don't use the handicap but if I am having a really painful day and don't think I can make it then I put my placard in the window and park where I need to park.

A couple of weeks ago I pulled into a handicap spot and had just pulled up and was getting my placard out to hang on my mirror and this under cover cop came up and pulled out his badge and said "you're in a handicap parking spot" and I puled out my placard and showed it to him and told him I had just pulled up and he judged me before even giving me time to get the placard on the mirror. He just rolled his eyes and walked off. It really made me angry, but just because he was a jerk I decided not to let the anger make my pain worse.

I do hope you will keep checking in and give support to those who ned it as well as take support from us, th people who know exactly what you're dealing with.

God Bless you, and I pray that you will get pain relief.

Hugs,
Janet
jcherry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote