View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina View Post
Do any of you know of any connection between Vitamin D deficiency and neuropathy?
I take Vitamin D every single day, along with a multitude of other supplements.

But the BIG THING FOR ME was the Methyl B-12. Whatever it's doing to my feet, all I can say is "thank god", because I don't burn, I don't have pain, I don't have anything. And I have feeling in my toes.

Going on Methyl b-12 was the best thing I ever did. And if taking my vitamin D helps me, well god bless that too!!!!

I'm diabetic. They actually reduced me on my Lantus from 18 to 16, (about 2 weeks or so ago).

My next visit to Cornell is at the end of January.

My goal by April (when the ACCORD program ends), is to be off insulin for good.

Now wouldn't that be amazing?

From taking oral pills for 16 years, and insulin for 4....(starting with 46 of the Lantus), and now being down to 16, well all I can say is "I am grateful as all get out", for learning about nutrition and Methyl B-12 from the people on these message boards.

Just about saved my life.

Docs at Cornell are proud as punch of me. I don't think many of their patients took to the program (eating right, getting their sugars under control), with the same intensity that I did.

I have no idea why my brain works the way it works, but I'm into sprouts, vitamins, healthy eating, etc. and walking.

I still have arthritis but I'm a lot thinner so there's less stress on my joints.

I wonder if I'll really be able to go off insulin. I certainly hope so because next year when the ACCORD study ends, I'll be responsible for the co-pays of the meds.

I asked the doc at Cornell if she thought I would ever be able to go off insulin and she couldn't know for sure. Depends on many things. I have to be much thinner (and I'm not fat anymore), and there's also my age (61).

Lots of variables here.

But I'm determined.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote