View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A bit of an update...

Well it has been a little while since I have found it in me to reply on here...anyone else find that it is just too much most days to keep it together long enough to read, reply and actually get as far as posting on here? Or is it all the moving smilies etc that just makes my eyes and head want to implode!?!

I have been on the PCS merry go round for over a year. I well and truly want to get off now. It was a hard anniversary to stomach I have been making improvements but I find that it is the depression on top that makes it hard even when I have made a step forward.... maybe it is knowing the reality has tended to mean the two steps back is just round the corner!!!! My doc has wondered if it is reactive depression or PTSD although I do not think I meet the DSM- IV criteria for the latter.

One thing to think of for everyone else out there is that they found that a bit of my inner ear broke off when I hit my head. Could this have happened to you too? (They find out just by listening to your symptoms initially before confirming with tests, which takes only a few minuets-shame it took so many months to find someone to listen in the first place!). This has explained the dizzy/light-headedness somewhat. Since my balance has been compromised by 33% my eyes have to do much more work hence increased headaches and fatigue.

Even though I am now getting Audiovestibular treatment I am concerned that the PCS symptoms will still be there when I’m done. Given that I have not spontaneously recovered on the one-year anniversary since the work accident, I continue to struggle on a daily basis. This was made so much better by the fact that my employer is now going through the motions for terminating my employment on grounds of capability. Not that they have let me go back yet to prove whether or not I am capable! WHOOPIE something else to worry about

Is there anyone out there with experience of Employment Law? It sure is hard to concentrate on getting letters written etc to sort things out when I'm feeling so yucky.

Well enough of my rant!

Thanks again to all of you that make this forum what it is, I get no end of support through reading posts from others who are experiencing the same symptoms as I am.

*Hugs and Hot chocolate*
Mr Bump is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dakotasmum (11-21-2008)