View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I just got out of hospital...........

Hi all.....I just got out of the hospital on Friday. A week ago Sunday, I went to the ER with burning stomach pain, vomiting and diahreah. They sent me home saying I had gastritis.

I didn't get any better, my stomach was extended too. I went back to the ER on Tues. after a series of tests, it was determined I had a bowel obstruction due to scar tissue from previous surgery, and two twisted intestines. They talked surgery, then not.

They took me off food and liquids to let the bowel rest. Pain meds, IV's, etc. I got out on Friday afternoon. I look 6 mos pregnant and down to 118 pounds and don't feel good. I called my PCP this morning as a follow up.

I am starting on soups and soft foods, but the stomach gas pain is awful, even from drinking water.

I don't know what is going to happen from here, I need prayers. I am really scared to death of any type of surgery involving the bowel or intestines.

I just cry. The holiday's approaching I thought was bad enough this year, now this, my dog is doing okay.

I will keep you posted, or someone will post for me from an email if they can.

Waiting for the PCP to call back today. Not that I could even attempt to drive anywhere at this point with the pain, but we will see what happens, she should have the hospital reports they faxed over to her late Fri or maybe today.

I am not out of the woods yet by any means. UGHHHHHHHHHH

Hugs, Nikko
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-17-2008), Dmom3005 (11-17-2008), Mari (11-18-2008), soxmom (11-17-2008), Twinkletoes (11-17-2008), waves (11-17-2008)