View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for listening to me...it helps to vent, doesn't change anything but at least I know I'm not alone. Doody as tempting as that is, I could never behave that way in a house of God.

And Ms Loo..you are so right about unconditional love for our pastors. Somehow this church split between the young people (in their 20's and 30's) the older members....and we are supposed to get out of the way or get with it...it's a new day and they want to worship with praise bands and shout outs.

It's pretty unbelievable isn't it Twink.

Foolishly (I guess) our Pastor thought we could do both...with a Sat. night Praise Service and a Traditional 10 oclock Sunday morn. service. Unfortunately only a handful of people ever attended the Sat.night service so now, after a year of trying to have both, they want to combine the two, in the sanctuary on Sunday morning. And then it got really ugly.

I repeat...I am really happy for her to be getting out of this. I was told by one of the most conservative women when we were working the rummage sale, that I didn't understand church. "Chuch, she said, is the church family! It has nothing to do with who the pastor is."

I almost bit my tongue in half to hold it quiet.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DMACK (11-17-2008), Nik-key (11-17-2008)