View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi llrn7470,
It's frustrating isn't it. Part of what you are describing is the meds, but a big part is part of the disorder-rsd. RSD effects the Limbic part of the brain-short term memory loss, grasping for words during a conversation, forgetting words, a slowness of speech. although I don't stutter. If you were on no meds, you would have these symptoms. I have them too, I've had RSD 12 years, full body now. My friends know and understand and no one makes a big deal of it. You are still the intelligent person that you are.
I just have to laugh about it now. But really, it isn't a laughing matter. It's a life altering experience. I'm on Lyrica too now. Was on 3200 mg. of Neurotin. I'm having lung problems, so may have to go off Lyrica.
The Cymbalta, I switched to a couple months ago, has really made a difference in my mood. I don't feel that deep depression. I think I finally turned the corner of accepting RSD. Boy, the memory thing. I've missed so many appointments, because of not writing them down. Would have never remembered them. Gone, just completely gone from memory unless, write it down.
We have a coffee service company. My husband has had to take a more active part, because of my condition. Our business is the only way I can have health insurance-thru our group insurance. If you notice, a lot of the posts don't make sense in some sentences. We turn around words, or skip a word. And spelling is a big problem.
I don't mean to discourage you, but RSD is alot more than what we learn in the beginning. It probably is good we learn little by little. How much Lyrica are you on? I'm on 300 mg. but may need to go off as am having some lung issues. Read on this forum about lung issues tied in with Lyrica. I haven't discussed it with my Dr. yet, but will.
Take care, and I really do hope I didn't discourage you. I remember I think you got this monster after knee surgery? right? Mine was after surgery too.
Let us know how you are doing. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (12-06-2008)