Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What a strange daym read on!!!!

Nov 17, 2008

Different strategy today, 7:00 an and I’m feeling not to bad, so no drugs till I feel I need them.
Last I forgot to mention a few things so I’ll post it here.
I’ve had this problem that when I think about it might of stated when I started taking PD drugs. I’ve had real bad ankle pains and cold feet. I blamed it on my Cholesterol pills that I was taking and have now stopped and became a Vegie. The pain did go away for a while when I stopped but soon came back to my disappointment. Last night was the first time in years that I’ve has no pains in ankles and my feet aren’t cold. Now right or wrong, I’m going to work on the assumption that my PD drugs are the culprits that are causing the ankle and feet problems. For that reason I’ve decided to forgo all PD drugs given to me by my doctor for now. I’ll take a 2.5g of Mucuna only when I really need it. This is just another experiment that I do on myself and have done since I’ve has Cholesterol problems and PD problems. This posting might be a little long today as I’m going to report everything I that I do, take and feel. It’s important to me to find out if it is the PD drugs that were causing my ankle problems. So, be prepared for a lengthy report.

I also forgot to mention and this is more important to me than taking any drugs the fact that I got back on my exercise program. I did 10 cardio, 20 weights and 30 stretching. When I’m in shape and I’m now because I’ve on vacation for the last 2 weeks (crappy excuse) I usually do 30 min of cardio and stomach crunches. Next day I’ll do weights and back exercises. I alternate every day and I always finish of with a good 30 min stretch that involves stretching and rotating every part of my body that turns. Like, ankles, knees, hips, waist, shoulders, elbows, wrist, and finally the neck.

Anyway, it’s now 7:40 am and I’m still typing with both hands but I’m starting to have a bit of problems with the rigidity in my right hand, but not enough to take any medicine.

8:45am still feel the same, had breakfast.

9:00am took my Vitamins and notices that I’m was getting a little wobbly, so I took my anti-wobbly pills. It’s Selegiline 5mg, I take that twice a day.

3:45 still haven’t taken any PD drugs today, to me that’s really weird. I don’t feel any different now then I did this morning. Is it mind over mater? Every time I started to feel rigidity or a little like I was going to need a dose of drugs, I got busy and did some physical things. I mowed my lawn and I did a lot of other things outside that you do to get ready for winter. Came in at 12:30 had a sandwich and back out again. Came in About 2:00 and was a little tired but felt really good. I don’t think for one minute that it was the Mucuna that has done this. Maybe it’s that I have so much in my body it will last me for a while. I’m stubborn enough to wait it out.

Another weird thing is the pain in my ankles is still gone. Although my left ankle and that’s my worst one, is starting to hurt a little bit, but very little.

I take everything as a positive as when it comes to my health and to me this is a very good positive.

9:00 pm did 15 min of exercises felt good and ended with 20 min of stretching. Have not taken any PD drugs all day except the wobbly pill early this morning. I’m actually feel rather good. I can’t explain it, I’m baffled. The doctor said I didn’t have a severe case of it but now I’m thinking, do I even have PD. Good thing I see my doctor in a couple of weeks. He’s supposed to regulate my pills because he just lowered my LC 200 to 100. I hope this keeps up but I doubt it will though.

Talk to all tomorrow
"Thanks for this!" says:
ariela (11-17-2008), lou_lou (11-18-2008)