View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Suzanne, I'm so sorry for all that you're going through, and my heart goes out to you. I wish there was a way I could make it all better for you, but we both know that's not possible.

Unfortunately I have seen people die from liver disease, both as a nurse and also as a daughter. My dad died from liver cancer but his illness was very rapid. I don't know that there is a common time frame for poeple with liver failure. Like many things, I guess everyone is different, everyone reacts differently to treatment and I believe..... to the love and support they are shown.

My dad only lived for 9 weeks after he was diagnosed with liver cancer, so he didnt have any of the treatment options that you mention. His cancer was already well advanced when they found it, and after that everything happened far too quickly. I think that if he had the choice he'd have tried the treatments that your husband is having, but unfortunately for him that wasn't to be.

I wonder if you've spoken to a Palliative Care or Hospice Nurse about the concerns that you have voiced here? The nurse is probably the best one to answer all your questions of this nature. If you don't have one close, try the Cancer Council in your State. I'm sure they'd have some-one available on the telephone to help people like yourself.

Do keep in touch Suzanne. We may not have all the answers, but we do care, and we're here to support you throughout this hard time in your life.

Hugs.....

Last edited by Koala77; 11-18-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote