View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hello, now that I am back from Colombia for a while. I'll have to catch up on everybody a little at a time, but looking forward to it.

As for me, it's been almost six months now since I received the permanent ear implants from Dr. Werth, and stopped taking Mirapex/Neupro Patch completely. I think the implants are starting to kick in now - slowly but steadily. Is it placebo? Who the hell knows, and I don't care. If we are as subject to the effects of the placebo syndrome as reserachers have claimed, I want to know why the heck hasn't that been a serious subject of study of how to harness it effectively.

Meanwhile, I did find the result of stopping what Mirapex I was taking seemed to lead to incredibly overwhelming depression and panic attacks for months. However, that is now completely gone. My family says I seem normal for the first time in years, and at least 60 percent better than I was.

I still have the off periods - am still taking lev/carb, Stalevo and Amantadine, but a little less than before (maybe 8-10 percent?) But what I consider the worst of what I was taking (Mirapex) is gone with no replacement, and the off periods now are certainly no worse than when I was taking it. Need to re-experiment with Mucuna again. In South America I received much oxygen and vitamins, minerals, amino acids by IV. I am considering doing some other treatments they have down there - waiting for things in Colombia to blow over a bit on the socio-political front.

But even though I have the off periods to deal with, I feel much calmer and matter of fact about them - almost observational and detached, and much more able to have confidence in my own personal energy to deal with them. It's hard to explan but it's a real quality of life difference that instead of escalating the fear, frustration and panic that they often have generated, I have come to see them as chances to calm down and relax...it's weird, and who knows how long this will last, but it is very interesting.

I also had the opportunity to interact significantly and personally with some of the major shamans and healers of certain indigenous traditions down there, and feel that this spiritual work was enormously helpful to me. And I definitely feel much more clarity since stopping the Mirapex, am much more able to prioritize effectively, and find that I don't get so distracted by short-term dopamine reward activities such as the urge to shop, endless useless craft projects, etc...Still developing this new personality, but it is much better, I can say that.

Anyway, happy to have internet access again, and hope to interact with you all much more.
best to everyone,
Fiona
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasmo (11-18-2008), Ibken (11-18-2008), lindylanka (11-18-2008), RLSmi (11-19-2008)