View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Eyesight...Reduced vision - anyone else?

Ever since I started this wonderful journey down the road of PD, I've noticed a decline in my eyesight. My vision is best in the morning after my first dose of Sinemet then after that it varies during the day, but gets worse by evening. Eventually I get to the point where I can't even see with my glasses on and my glasses actually make me dizzy. These are multi-focal lenses with a prism in them for double-vision. The double vision is worse than before, and I can't seem to find a good place to look through the glasses to see clear.

The rotten part of this is thing is I just got the new glasses in April and spent nearly $650 for them after the insurance coverage. I'd hate to have to give them up and continue on increased strength for naught.

At this point in the game, I have a difficult time reading books and magazines because the text seems too small so I do most of my reading online where I can blow the text up in size. This of course also affects my piano playing because I have a difficult time seeing the music.

I also find that I can't get enough light on anything when I'm reading. It's like the light in the room is very dim even with a 200W 3-way bulb in the lamp.

So what's going on here? Does anyone else have this problem?

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote