View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I get the feeling i have the worst case

Ive been researching more on TOS since i finally found the cause and definite diagnosis of the symptoms ive had since my car accident 2 months ago. Doctors had no idea. Amazing how instead i had to do a search on the internet to find a diagnosis.

Ive been having arm claudication ever since the accident. I can't drive, type, brush my hair, rinse my hair at all with my left arm. If i do try, i would start feeling some kind of tight pain in less than 3 minutes.
I also feel a pulsating beat in my head a tome and a twitching in the left side of my face.

The big scare for me is i can literally feel some kind of lump in my artery on the base of my neck. Initially i thought this was the carotid artery and was scared ******** of the dangers from that being occluded. I had a carotid doppler and that was clear. Later on after searching the internet, i realised that was pointless considering the carotid artery is located more inwards.

Now that ive realised i do have TOS, its hit me that this is the subclavian artery which might be occluded. Reading more, this puts me in the category for 'Arterial Outlet Syndrome'. I know this is the most serious case. Everything points to me having this - the arm claudication which is associated with the arterial type. The non existant pain, swelling or numbness in my arm which is associated with the venous type.

Do i need a angioplasty? Reconstruction? If it were not to be a success, would i lose my arm? These are the questions running through my head.

Though the main question that i would like to ask is, has anyone gone through Arterial Outlet Syndrome and later on had surgery? It'd be nice to hear how it went for different people. Id like to hear both positive and negative.
jason86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote