View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jaye,

I had a posting to you almost completed and pressed one too many keys and lost the whole thing. Here goes again.

I have been doing a little research into my personal archives, hard copy printouts. One of the things that I have is a copy of each of the profiles that we all posted to the BrainTalk forum. I found yours, Jaye, dated 4/23/99. Among others, I have a copy of AJ, Anita, Beth, Bigorange, Brian Beckwith, Dana, **** Miller, Erica, Greg, Joy2, Lisa Starr, Lou Ann, Mari, Scott , Toadie, and many more. Then for one reason or another, I printed out some regular postings and here are the authors of a few of them... CS2, AnnT, Paula_W, Bella, googyuk, Heytaxi, michael7733, Chasmo, Cloudy, Nancy, and Jean UK. Just a few.

I am able to pin point when I started posting to MGH’s Parkinson’s forum. I not sure but I don’t think it was called BrainTalk at first. I don’t know how long it had been up and running when I got there. My first entry was in a chat room. My first entry was my last one to a chat room. There was one other person in the room, don’t remember the name, but I remember talking about the hurricane that was in Mobile Bay at the time. Hurricane Danny, June or July, 1997. Our conversation was cut short by my wife who was calling me to supper. That was the beginning. Shortly after that I found the Parkinson’s forum where there were about a dozen regulars. Forum life was a bit simpler back then and I think back to those days with very fond memories. It bothers me that I can’t remember every one in the first group. As the forum got bigger the system became less stable and there were down times to be reckoned with. Then came a big crash where we lost a chunk of the archives - a fact that frustrates me considerably. And from what I’m hearing, it has happened again, more than once. What ever happened to “Back up your files”?

Is there any limit to the size of a posting? I could go on and on.

Maybe I’d better quit. I’ll be back.

Bob C
Bob Coyne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote