View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Negative skin biopsy

Thank you for all your answers. It is so darn frustrating. Nothing has changed in my life since the accident I had in 2005...subsequently shortly thereafter developing cervical dystonia, aka torticollis (usually a funny looking twisted neck with pain). I receive Botox injections every three months (no, not to make my neck look pretty...although the one side does look better than the other) and this decreases the pain and keeps my head pretty straight. I have always wondered about the toxicity of Botox but everything I read does only positive uses for it in neuropathy and three neurologists say there is NO connection between the Botox and the neuropathy. The dystonia is felt to be secondary to the accident. I do have some cervical spine anomalies since the accident but nothing pinching on any nerves and my problems are upper and lower extremity. I will certainly check into the cucurin. Also, Mrs. D you mentioned alka seltzer gold...cant get it any more but you can make it yourself with acetaminophen (tylenol) club soda, baking soda and antacid if you want it. When I see my local neurologist I am going to ask to be tested for Lyme disease. I am holding off on the Cymbalta. Have read tooo many bad things including liver and cardiac, not to mention trying to come off of it. So far, while I am pretty uncomfortable a great part of the time, I am not an invalid although I feel things are getting worse.
Again thanks everyone. Know YOU ALL understand even if the biopsy is normal. Need to do more research on central sensitization and peripheral sensitization also.
sbvcrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote