View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can things get any worse???

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if things can get worse? Let me explain. I had my scs revision on the 22 of Nov. Long story short, I developed a horrible staph infection that put me in the hospital and then into a nursing home for a week. I'm home now, getting home nursing care for my PICC line and my open wound packing. No one can seem to figure out who has the contract for my home care, and at the moment it seems as if care givers number 3 start tomorrow. My dr. wants to have to wound cleaned and repacked twice a day and the insurance says only once a day. So it is only being done once a day. (Hubby can't do it as it hurts a lot to pull the packing out and then stuff new packing into the 5 inch long incision which is where the battery pack was). I guess I'm just feeling really sorry for myself at the moment. I don't think I will try for scs number 3. I am really sooooo tired of pain and being sick. SO of course, the rsd is going off and hurting me something fierce on top of everything else. Oh well, I know it has to get better, I don't think I could feel worse.(I know not to say that, because it could always get worse lol)

Hugs
Mary